These HIIT workouts are based around 30 seconds of action, 20 seconds of rest. You should cycle through the routine 3 times.
It is important to push yourself as far as you can (within reason) during the 30 seconds of action, and to truly rest during the 20 seconds between exercises. For best recovery, remain standing, pace slowly, rest your arms above your head.
Take a at least a day between your HIIT workouts to refrain from any structured exercise. Stretch daily, especially during workout days.
Today’s HIIT Routine:
- 9/20/2021 HIIT Workout
1. Tuck JumpStand with feet hip-width apart. Gaze forward and tighten your core. Slightly bend your knees, exhale, and spring up so that your knees come up towards your chest. Land with knees slightly bent, inhale and repeat.
2. Long JumpWith feet hip-width apart, bend your knees as you extend your hips backwards, as if into a sitting position. Bring your hands together in front of your chest as you inhale. Load your weight into your heels and balls of the feet. Exhale, launch yourself up and forward. Extend your arms down and back as you air. Land with knees slightly bent. Repeat.
3. Low Chest Crossover with BandPlace resistance band on the floor. Stand on the band, with feet hip-width apart. Take up the ends of the band with your hands. Breathe out as you bring your hands up and together to the center of your chest. Just before your hands touch, pause, and hold the position. Breathe in as you slowly lower your hands back to your waist.
4. Kettlebell SwingStand tall, feet hip-width apart, and grasp your kettlebell with both hands. Keep arms long and relaxed. Gaze forward. Shift your bodyweight into your heels, push your hips back, and bend your knees as you let the ‘bell swing between your legs. Keep your back straight with a tight core. Continue to gaze forward as you exhale, drive from your hips, core, and legs to swing the kettlebell up to shoulder level. You will now be in a standing position again. Inhale and allow the kettlebell to fall between your legs again, with your hips back, knees bent and core remaining tight. Repeat.
5. Reverse FlyLay resistance band on the floor. Stand on top of the band, with your feet together and directly in the center of the band. Bend knees slightly as if you’re sitting in a chair, your hips back. Grasp either end of the band with your hands. Gaze just before your feet. Keep a straight back, tight core, exhale, and pull the bands back behind your back. Once you cannot pull any further, hold that position for a moment before your inhale and return to the starting position.
6. Mountain ClimberPrepare your body in a pushup position. Hands on the floor directly under your shoulders and toes firmly planted into the ground. Keep your body in line with hips not drooping nor raised high. Gaze softly at the floor. Deliberately pull your right knee up towards your chest, return it where it was and then repeat the motion with your left knee. Keep your body as flat as possible by engaging your core and breathing continuously.
7. Flutter KicksLay on your back with legs straight and a foot off the ground. Keep your core tight, gaze up to the ceiling and breathe easily. Point toes and kick your feet up and down as if you are kicking freestyle in a pool. Experiment with short quick kicks as well as slow, wide kicks. [ tags automated workout 9/20/2021, workout schedule 9/20/2021, zapier workout 9/20/2021, automated home gym 9/20/2021, Low Chest Crossover with Band,Reverse Fly,Long Jump,Flutter Kicks,Tuck Jump,Place resistance band on the floor. Stand on the band, with feet hip-width apart. Take up the ends of the band with your hands. Breathe out as you bring your hands up and together to the center of your chest. Just before your hands touch, pause, and hold the position. Breathe in as you slowly lower your hands back to your waist.,Kettlebell Swing,Mountain Climber,Resistance Band, Resistance Band, None, None, None, Kettlebell, None]