These HIIT workouts are based around 30 seconds of action, 20 seconds of rest. You should cycle through the routine 3 times.
It is important to push yourself as far as you can (within reason) during the 30 seconds of action, and to truly rest during the 20 seconds between exercises. For best recovery, remain standing, pace slowly, rest your arms above your head.
Take a at least a day between your HIIT workouts to refrain from any structured exercise. Stretch daily, especially during workout days.
Today’s HIIT Routine:
- 5/8/2021 HIIT Workout
1. Reverse BurpeeStand up straight with a mat or comfy grass behind you. Inhale as you bend your knees to a crouching position and roll back onto your back. Roll until your upper back and shoulders are all that’s contacting the ground. Exhale as you transfer the weight from your upper back to your hips and then onto your feet. Stand up from this position and jump into the air. Repeat.
2. Band Side StepStand with feet hip width apart. Place the resistance band under your feet and over your shoulders. Push your hips back slightly, bend your knees, and gaze forward. Step laterally with your right leg, keeping your left firmly in the ground. When your right leg sets foot back on the floor, allow your left leg to follow. Repeat a 5 or 6 times before switching directions.
3. Push UpPlace hands apart on the floor, shoulder-width or wider. Keep your body flat and lengthened with feet together. Gaze softly at the floor before you. Breathe in as you let your chest fall just before the floor, without touching the floor. Breathe out and push yourself back up to the beginning position. Keep a controlled rhythm, remember to breathe, and keep your body as flat as possible.
4. Tuck JumpStand with feet hip-width apart. Gaze forward and tighten your core. Slightly bend your knees, exhale, and spring up so that your knees come up towards your chest. Land with knees slightly bent, inhale and repeat.
5. Wide Grip Pull UpGrasp pull up bar, hands further than shoulder-width apart, with your palms facing away from you. Breathe out as you pull yourself up, stopping as your nose reaches just above the bar. Hold in this position for a moment. Breathe out as you let your body drop back down. Engage your core throughout the exercise to prevent swinging.
6. Bear CrawlGet down on all fours, with your hips slightly up in the air. Gaze ahead and move on your hands and feet forward. Mark out where you’d like to travel to. Once you’re there, reverse your direction, moving backwards on your hands and feet. Repeat.
7. BicyclesLay on your back with legs about a foot off the ground. Interlace your fingers behind your head, engage your core, and point your elbows forward as you lift your shoulders off the floor. Move your left knee and right elbow together, then your right knee and left elbow together. Be sure to put no strain on your neck by engaging your core muscles. [ tags automated workout 5/8/2021, workout schedule 5/8/2021, zapier workout 5/8/2021, automated home gym 5/8/2021, Push Up,Wide Grip Pull Up,Band Side Step,Bicycles,Reverse Burpee,Place hands apart on the floor, shoulder-width or wider. Keep your body flat and lengthened with feet together. Gaze softly at the floor before you. Breathe in as you let your chest fall just before the floor, without touching the floor. Breathe out and push yourself back up to the beginning position. Keep a controlled rhythm, remember to breathe, and keep your body as flat as possible.,Tuck Jump,Bear Crawl,None, Pull Up Bar, Resistance Band, None, None, None, None]