These HIIT workouts are based around 30 seconds of action, 20 seconds of rest. You should cycle through the routine 3 times.
It is important to push yourself as far as you can (within reason) during the 30 seconds of action, and to truly rest during the 20 seconds between exercises. For best recovery, remain standing, pace slowly, rest your arms above your head.
Take a at least a day between your HIIT workouts to refrain from any structured exercise. Stretch daily, especially during workout days.
Today’s HIIT Routine:
- 3/6/2021 HIIT Workout
1. Long JumpWith feet hip-width apart, bend your knees as you extend your hips backwards, as if into a sitting position. Bring your hands together in front of your chest as you inhale. Load your weight into your heels and balls of the feet. Exhale, launch yourself up and forward. Extend your arms down and back as you air. Land with knees slightly bent. Repeat.
2. Kickback with BandStand straight with legs hip-width apart. Wrap resistance band around your ankles. Bend your knees slightly to anchor into the ground. Kick your left leg back, engaging your glutes and other leg muscles. Repeat 8 to 12 times before switching legs.
3. Pike Push UpPlace hands apart on the floor, shoulder-width or wider. Lift up your hips, and plant your feet into the ground. You will be in the shape of an upside-down V. Your arms and legs should be as straight as possible. Breathe in as you bend your elbows and bring your head down towards the floor. Pause just before reaching the floor. Breathe out as you lift yourself back up.
4. Reverse BurpeeStand up straight with a mat or comfy grass behind you. Inhale as you bend your knees to a crouching position and roll back onto your back. Roll until your upper back and shoulders are all that’s contacting the ground. Exhale as you transfer the weight from your upper back to your hips and then onto your feet. Stand up from this position and jump into the air. Repeat.
5. Chin UpGrasp pull up bar, hands shoulder-width apart, with your palms facing towards you. Breathe out as you pull yourself up, stopping as your nose reaches just above the bar. Hold in this position for a moment. Breathe out as you let your body drop back down. Engage your core throughout the exercise to prevent swinging.
6. GroinersPrepare your body in a pushup position. Hands on the floor directly under your shoulders and toes firmly planted into the ground. Keep your body in line with hips not drooping nor raised high. Gaze softly at the floor. Exhale as you jump your feet up towards your hands, to a crouching position, still on all fours. Inhale and jump your feet back to pushup-position. Repeat.
7. Bird DogKneel on the floor, and fold forward so that your hands are on the ground directly below your shoulders. Gaze softly down. Exhale as you extend your right leg and left arm off the floor. Once your arm and leg are in line with your back, hold for a moment before returning them to beginning position. Repeat with your left leg and right arm. [ tags automated workout 3/6/2021, workout schedule 3/6/2021, zapier workout 3/6/2021, automated home gym 3/6/2021, Pike Push Up,Chin Up,Kickback with Band,Bird Dog,Long Jump,Place hands apart on the floor, shoulder-width or wider. Lift up your hips, and plant your feet into the ground. You will be in the shape of an upside-down V. Your arms and legs should be as straight as possible. Breathe in as you bend your elbows and bring your head down towards the floor. Pause just before reaching the floor. Breathe out as you lift yourself back up.,Reverse Burpee,Groiners,None, Pull Up Bar, Resistance Band, None, None, None, None]