These HIIT workouts are based around 30 seconds of action, 20 seconds of rest. You should cycle through the routine 3 times.
It is important to push yourself as far as you can (within reason) during the 30 seconds of action, and to truly rest during the 20 seconds between exercises. For best recovery, remain standing, pace slowly, rest your arms above your head.
Take a at least a day between your HIIT workouts to refrain from any structured exercise. Stretch daily, especially during workout days.
Today’s HIIT Routine:
- 9/23/2020 HIIT Workout
1. Reverse BurpeeStand up straight with a mat or comfy grass behind you. Inhale as you bend your knees to a crouching position and roll back onto your back. Roll until your upper back and shoulders are all that’s contacting the ground. Exhale as you transfer the weight from your upper back to your hips and then onto your feet. Stand up from this position and jump into the air. Repeat.
2. Sumo SquatStand with feet slightly wider than shoulder apart, holding the kettlebell with both hands. Exhale, push your hips back, gaze straight forward, and squat down until the kettlebell touches the floor. Ensure that your knees do not pass your toes as you squat. Inhale as you return to the starting position.
3. Push UpPlace hands apart on the floor, shoulder-width or wider. Keep your body flat and lengthened with feet together. Gaze softly at the floor before you. Breathe in as you let your chest fall just before the floor, without touching the floor. Breathe out and push yourself back up to the beginning position. Keep a controlled rhythm, remember to breathe, and keep your body as flat as possible.
4. Long JumpWith feet hip-width apart, bend your knees as you extend your hips backwards, as if into a sitting position. Bring your hands together in front of your chest as you inhale. Load your weight into your heels and balls of the feet. Exhale, launch yourself up and forward. Extend your arms down and back as you air. Land with knees slightly bent. Repeat.
5. Archer Row with BandStand with feet hip-width apart. Extend your right arm up and to a 45 degree with resistance band in hand. Loop the resistance band one time so that it is short. Grasp the other end of the resistance band with your left hand. Exhale as you pull the band across your face, until your left elbow is near your waist. Inhale as you slowly bring the band back to starting position. Do a few more on this side before switching to your other side.
6. Tuck JumpStand with feet hip-width apart. Gaze forward and tighten your core. Slightly bend your knees, exhale, and spring up so that your knees come up towards your chest. Land with knees slightly bent, inhale and repeat.
7. Ab Roll OutKneel down on the floor with an ab roller device in both hands. Place the roller’s wheels on the floor before you. Exhale as you push the wheel forward, keeping your back straight and head in a neutral position, tightly engaging your core the whole time. When you reach the furthest you can go, inhale as you roll back to the starting position. Your back is always straight and your core is always tight. Repeat.